Thursday, January 17, 2008

A lesson in decorating

Alright, I have secured 2 potential dates for this weekend (more on that later.) I don't want to have too much on my plate, (I can barely remember my co-workers names,) so I have transferred my efforts for the rest of this week to doing some significant research. In between my force-fed Jamestown Project required viewing of American Idol, I flipped back and forth between some matchmaker show hosted by some homo. I had no idea gay men were the authority on straight relationships. You learn new things everyday, I suppose. It's just that to all the gay men I know, (and believe me, it's a lot, they are my people,) straight men are more like alien creatures to them than us women. At least we know what keeps the straighties happy for 10 min or so (if we're lucky.)

I digress... So the mo' went into this single gal's apartment and said that her room had to be more feminine. HOLD. THE. PHONE. More feminine? Do straight guys like that?! For real? I mean I thought my one saving grace was that my bedspread is green and my sheets are brown. Sexy, right? I figured guys don't want to sleep on pink sheets. So basically my bedroom has to look less like this:



and more like this:



By the way, that first picture is totally not my bedroom. Mine is WAAAAAY messier and I am far less patriotic. So, needless to say, aside from my dates this weekend, a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond must be planned. I hope I can stomach buying a flowered dust ruffle.

-Chloe

No comments: