Friday, January 18, 2008

Being a G.G. ain't easy

Damn! I really wanted to see Cloverfield last night. Had to catch a concert instead. And sadly, it was a pretty hipster show, so not too many G.G.'s around. But that's okay. I've known and still know quite a few G.G.'s that I'll grab my inspiration from.

These rules are going to be the end of me! Not that they're hard to follow, but I'm starting to feel like a puppet master, pulling the strings on these guys and manipulating them to do and say certain things. Is this how G.G.'s feel? Are they aware of this manipulation? I'm not sure!

My first guy, who I'm supposed to meet up with on Sunday, is being a goddamn girl about what bar we should grab drinks at. I can't. I'm trying to be as girly as possible, saying things like, "Sunday sounds great! Let me know what you're thinking," and "Let's definitely do that on Sunday! Just let me know where you want to go." His e-mails (SIDEBAR: YES! We're still only communicating through e-mail. He hasn't given me his AIM or a cell phone number yet. And being the good G.G. I am, I have to wait until he either gives me his number or asks me for mine. Cate and I were talking today... seems like the guys on Match are WAY more forward than Yahoo! She's going to be on the phone all damn weekend! Haha... ok, I'm back...) back to me are, "Do you know of a place that's not too crowded?" So in an effort to make sure this date doesn't fall through, I at least suggested a neighborhood. It's hard being a girlfriend girl!

-Jessica

No comments: