Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Appropriate internet language

Well hello internet world! This week marks a lot of firsts for me. First blog post, first week sans diet coke (must find new vice), and most importantly my first foray into the internet dating universe. As we embark on this Jamestown journey I have become increasingly more aware of the flaws in our male counterparts. I know that's harsh, but I honestly don't know any self-respecting woman who would would start off a potential romantic interaction with: "hi babi, u r lookin hoT tonite!"

Now, I'm not saying I'm the next Nick Hornby, or I suppose for this project my inspiration should be more along the lines of Nicholas Sparks (girly-girls just LOVE 'The Notebook' and I hear 'The Wedding' is real tearjerker. VOMIT), but when did it become too difficult to write out full words like "you," or "are"? Well, I know the first rule states:

"You must accept EVERY date, unless the datee is absolutely gross or looks like he'll probably kill and/or rape you. You know the kind."

However, I classify bad grammar as an indication the person is probably capable of murder or rape. It angers me to no end, and if I weren't bound by these rules, the sight of a "tonite" would have been the end right there, but alas, that is not the point of our exercise. Thoughts? Nonetheless....I have a date this weekend!

-chloe

No comments: